What is LG WebOS?
WebOS is an operating system used on smart devices such as smart tvs. It was first developed by Palm, but later was open sourced by HP as Open WebOS. WebOS is currently owned by LG, and therefore most occurrences on the market are in LG smart tvs. The operating system supports multi tasking, data synchronization with cloud based applications, smart TV features such as web access and also allows to play video and audio files.
Why my video doesn’t play on LG WebOS?
LG smart TVs with WebOS installed can play various video formats, such as: asf, wmv, divx, avi, mp4, m4v, mov, 3gp, 3g2, mkv, mts, mpg, rmvb and more.
Said that, when owning an LG smart TV, you’ll notice that eventually you’ll run into video files that can’t be played. Usually, the cause for errors such as “unsupported codec”, or “unsupported video format” is that your video file wasn’t encoded with a supported codec, or it was written in an unsupported format.
How do fix a video / movie to play on LG WebOS smart TV?
If you have a video file that can’t be played on an LG smart TV / webos, all you need to do is to make sure it’s encoded with the a supported video format and video codec. In this case, we recommend to go with MP4 as the video format and H.264 as the video codec. But you don’t really have to know the details, we got a step-by-step instructions for you to follow to fix your video / movie file and play it on your smart TV:
- Download and install VIP Video Converter.
- Open VIP Video Converter and choose MP4 as the output format at the top video formats menu.
- Choose “MP4 – Same Quality” as the output profile, which will make sure that you’re performing a lossless quality conversion. Please note that this output profile (which includes the MP4 format and H264 video codec) is already optimized to convert to LG Smart TVs.
- Click Add Files and choose the video file that you would like to play on your LG TV.
- Click Start Converting. The conversion to an LG smart TV (webos) compatible format will begin.
- Once the conversion is done, you’re ready to copy the new converted video file to the USB key and play it on your TV.
If you’re looking for a video converter that will allow you to convert more than 200 video and audio formats, easily and quickly, please consider our award winning premium video converter, VIP Video Converter. You can try it out for free. We hope you’ll like it the same way we do 🙂