What are Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and Camtasia?
Open Broadcaster Software, which is also known as OBS is a popular free video recorder and live streaming software. It is mainly used to record the computer screen, game plays and stream video live.
Camtasia Studio is a professional video editing software from Techsmith, which allows to perform advanced editing to your video files, applying effects, edit audio and more. It also allows to record video files.
Why Can’t I Import OBS MP4 File to Camtasia Studio Video Editor?
When recording a video file using Open Broadcaster Software and then trying to import it to video editors such as Camtasia, Adobe Premier Pro, AVS Video Editor and others, the following error may appear:
Cannot load file. It is either an unsupported media type or required codecs are not found.
This error means that the recorded MP4 file by OBS isn’t recorded with a video codec that is supported by the video editor.
The following video editors can be affected by this issue: AVS Video Editor, Adobe Premier Pro, Camtasia Studio, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, Lightworks, Cinelerra, Pinnacle Studio, Corel VideoStudio, VideoPad Editor, Pitivi, CyberLink PowerDirector and others.
How to Import OBS MP4 to Camtasia Video Editor?
To fix this issue, the video file should be transformed to a video format and codec which are supported by the relevant video editor. The most common format and codec supported by practically any video editor are the video format MP4 and the codec H.264.
To convert the video file to this format, please follow the following steps:
- Download and install VIP Video Converter.
- After opening VIP Video Converter, choose MP4 as the format to convert to at the top video formats menu.
- The profile we recommend to use is “MP4 – Same Quality”, which will make sure that you’re performing the best conversion, without losing any quality. Please note that this output profile (which includes the MP4 format and H264 video codec) is already optimized to convert to Camtasia, Adobe, Lightworks, Sony Vegas and other common video editors.
- Click Add Files and choose the video file that you would like to import to the video editor.
- Click Start Converting. The conversion to a video editor compatible format will begin.
- Once the conversion is done, you’re ready to import the new converted video file to a video editor of your choice (such as Camtasia Studio) and start editing.
If you’re looking for a video converter that will allow you to convert more than 200 video and audio formats, easily and quickly, please consider our award winning premium video converter, VIP Video Converter. You can try it out for free. We hope you’ll like it the same way we do 🙂Download VIP Video Converter Now