Vizio Smart TV – Supported Video Formats
Vizio announced their first TV devices back at 2002 and started their journey to conquer the US market. Since then, they became a major player, producing quality smart TV devices.
Vizio TVs can play video files from a USB drive, but the main problem is that they only support the MP4 format, which is a common problem shared among many TV vendors. Not only that, the video codecs that are used to encode the video file should be H.264, and the audio codec should be AAC. Any other combination just won’t work.
Why Can’t I play video files on my Vizio Smart TV?
When trying to play a video files on a smart TV (or any other video player for that matter), the relevant factors that come into play are the video format and the video & audio codecs. The file you’re trying to play should be provided with a format and codecs that are supported by the TV.
As mentioned above, Vizio TV products only support the MP4 container, which should hold compressed video encoded in H.264 and audio encoded as AAC.
Some of the issues you might run into when trying to play a video file with unsupported format / codec are: a black screen on Vizio smart TV, seeing video without audio or sometimes only audio without video. Also, it’s possible that you’ll see and error when trying to play the video, or a few minutes after playing the video, saying “Codec not supported“.
How to Get a Video to Play on a Vizo Smart TV?
To resolve the issues described above, we actually need to make sure that the video format and video codec that are used in your movie file are supported by the smart TV.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps to convert your video file to an MP4 video file containing the proper codecs:
- Download and install VIP Video Converter.
- Open the software, Choose MP4 as the output format at the top video formats menu.
- Choose “MP4 – Same Quality” as the output profile, which will make sure that you’re performing a lossless quality conversion. Please note that this output profile (which includes the MP4 format and H264 video codec) is already optimized to convert to Samsung Smart TVs.
- Click Add Files and choose the video file that you would like to play on your Vizio TV.
- Click Start Converting. The conversion to a Vizio smart TV compatible format will begin.
- Once the conversion is done, you’re ready to copy the new converted video file to the USB drive and play it on your smart TV.
If you’re looking for a video converter that will allow you to convert more than 200 video and audio formats, easily and quickly, please consider our award winning premium video converter, VIP Video Converter. You can try it out for free. We hope you’ll like it the same way we do 🙂Download VIP Video Converter Now